Trending

“Someone Who’s Having His Family On Death Bed Doesn’t Care About Cricket”: Adam Zampa Explained Why He Has Quit The IPL Tournament

“Someone Who’s Having His Family On Death Bed Doesn’t Care About Cricket”: Adam Zampa Explained Why He Has Quit The IPL Tournament


“My thoughts are going out to every people here. I understand how dangerous the situation is. It is bigger than cricket.” Adam Zampa Explained.



On this Tuesday, the Australian spin bowler Adam Zampa has opened up on his decision to get back to Australia in the middle of the ongoing IPL tournament and said he has called quit because it has been a “most vulnerable” bio-secure bubble he has been a part of. The Cricketer also said that the tournament should have been held in UAE like the last year 2020.


On this Monday, Adam Zampa and Kane Richardson franchise Royal Challengers Bangalore have tweeted that the players are “going back to Australia for their personal reasons and will not be available for the remaining of #IPL 2021.”


“Royal Challengers Bangalore management team respecting their decisions and supporting them completely,” It added.


However, spoke to Sydney Morning Herald, Zampa has been saying that he had felt safer in UAE where the IPL tournament was held last year. “We have been in a few (Bubble) now and I feel like this is something most vulnerable. I’m just feeling like because it’s India, We have always been asked to be hygiene over here and being extra careful with anything… I’ve just felt like it was the most vulnerable.”


“The IPL which has been held in UAE about six months ago did not felt that way at all. I have been feeling safer there, Personally, I feel like that would have been a very good option originally for IPL this season, but obviously, there’s a very big political thing that goes in it.”


“Obviously the Covid-19 situation is pretty much serious out here. I just felt, rocking up to the training and the stuff, obviously, I was not playing in the team as well, for now, I was going to the training but I couldn’t find motivation there.”


 

No comments